India to be remained the single largest market for Alstom, a France-headquartered company, for its electricity transmission business. India is upgrading nearly 1,700 critical electricity transmission stations and is installing high-voltage lines to transmit power over long distances. Alstom Executive vice-president and Alstom Grid Sector president Grégoire Poux-Guillaume, says all the business indicators in India are positive.
India contributes 15 per cent to the company's total sales revenue. Whereas the Middle East contributes 15 per cent, Europe, 30 per cent, and the Americas, 20 per cent. The remaining 20 per cent comes from other Asian countries, he added.
India has started installing high voltage direct current (HVDC) projects and more such projects are being planned. The country is also revamping its control systems, he added.